This morning I decided to put in about 45 minutes in the weight room. The To Do List for the day was rather lengthy so I decided to get in & out of the weight room early.
As I have done the past few Saturdays, I designed a workout tailored to what I was “feeling” when I woke up in the morning.
I basically picked one lift for each of the following muscle groups:
- Chest – Close Grip Bench Press
- Back – Underhand Grip Inverted Row
- Shoulders – Lumberjack Presses
- Lower Body – Deadlifts
- Biceps – DB Hammer Curls
- Triceps – Overhead DB Extension (great video instruction of this exercise)
Nothing glamorous but it was a good 45 minute session. I picked exercises that I enjoy & had fun with the workout.
I like having a Total Body workout in the rotation. The Upper & Lower body split routines I have been following are great, don’t get me wrong. But a little variety in the weight room is a good thing.
Speaking of variety in the weight room, I am about ready to embark on the next Phase of this transformation contest period.
I have 5 weeks left in this 90 day contest period. I’ve been busy today planning out my next training block & looking over meal plans.
I made this decision for a few reasons:
- Density Training is a great training method for fat burning while still adding some muscle during the training cycle
- Density Training, while definitely structured, is not as rigid as the classic 3 Sets/10 Reps per Set method of training & so forth
- HIIT is a great fat burning form of cardio that burns more fat in less time than steady-paced, slow-go cardio
- I utilized a combination of Density Training & HIIT while working with my personal trainer last summer. I had great results with the combination.
My goals over the next 5 weeks are two-fold:
- Add as much muscle as I possibly can over the next 35 days
- Cut the last few pounds of fat from my abdominal area
I believe that my training methods & goals are in harmony with one another & I fully expect to emerge from this 90 Day transformation contest in phenomenal shape. I truly expect to come out of this a winner.
Today’s Workout Track Listing:
- Lieder – Eisbrecher
- The Last in Line – Dio
- Hey Ladies – Beastie Boys
- Girls, Girls, Girls – Motley Crue
- The Dope Show – Marilyn Manson
- Whiskey In The Jar – Metallica
- Lucretia – Megadeth
- You’re Crazy – Guns N’ Roses
- Junkhead – Alice In Chains